Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 23

Today the goal is to outsmart the puppy. Now that I've gotten a job working in my field, everyone wants an interview, so even tomorrow, my day off, I am going to have to be gone for part of the day. Thus, I have come up with a strategy to keep Bear out of the recyclables and garbage. I'm going to empty them before I leave!

I know, this is rocket science, but somebody had to figure it out.

He had a great walk this morning with Willie and managed to go through the entire night without going, but did make me take him out at 2:30 in the morning because Willie wanted to go out and play in the moonlight. Neither of them had to go, they just wanted to go outside.

That was fun.

I did learn, though, that Bear is capable of lasting nine hours without "going" so part of this is about making inappropriate choices on his part. We will see if he makes better ones today.

Anyway, got to run. Will update tonight.

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

2 comments:

Irene said...

It alway s amazes me what bladder control dogs really have if they must. The Überhund demonstrated that this morning when I slept late and then lazed around before taking him out. He never complained once.

kenny8blog said...

Hi,WW I'm delighted you saved Bear
from the big sleep.Wish we only had one canine in our various ponds/shelters here in Newcastle on Tyne.
Commencing my own doggy blog next,so I look forward to swopping
tales/tails.I like to see tails on
dogs,so down with docking,"ouch".