Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 10 part 2

Hi,

WE'RE LEGAL! Bernie, who will probably be renamed "Teddy"... ugh, is now legally my dog! He has a brand new collar that I put onto him today. He has a home address and he has a dog tag and his rabies shot. He also has a "Puppy Packet" and a case of "Science Diet Large Dog Breed Food Packets" for when we go hiking and walking that the Animal Control Officer gave us as well. Saturday cannot come soon enough as we have a "date" with my husband and his dog, Willie, to go up to the top of the mountain and find the benchmark and then to Blueberry Heaven to pick blueberries. I haven't been up there in years and I can't wait!

When I went to adopt him, the town clerks were so relieved he has a home. Right now, they and the Animal Control Officer are all checking, actually they started checking on this yesterday, with Albany to see if they can get the state to subsidize his neutering, which would be wonderful! This is one of the reasons I love living here! It's "small town America" and everybody really does know everybody elses business...and tries to help when they can. I'll keep you updated on the neutering situation as we progress.

In any event, he does have a home now and I do have packing to finish, soooo.....

Happy wanderings!

The Writer...and her dog who is still nameless

1 comment:

cosmiccowgirl said...

I think Teddy is a cute name for him, even if it doesn't seem right at the moment. I didn't want to name my oldest dog "Rascal" but it kind of stuck after his puppy antics. Neighborhood children suggested we change his name since it no longer suits him - he is anything but - but it was late in the game for that one.