Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 66.... 67

2nd update... Bear is home, a bit wobbly on his feet and seriously groggy! As I write, he is laying at my feet sound asleep. The surgery went very well and he had no problems with the anesthesia and breathing. They did it first thing this morning and called me at work about an hour after I got there. He was pretty upset when I left him, and pretty upset when I picked him up but seems very happy to be home now...just really sleepy.

We've got a couple of hours to go before 5:00pm so I'm thinking that a nap might be in order for me!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

Update... Because of the contest, I'm going to just update here until tonight. We are now down to it and will be shortly walking out the door to go to the vet. Bear is not a happy camper this morning...not so much because there isn't any food down, but because he hasn't had any water since last night. Being a mouth breather, he dries out quickly and loves to have his water. He also didn't have his "cookie" when he came in this morning so he knows something is up with that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to tonight when Bear will hopefully be back home and sleeping things off. It depends upon how he does with the anesthesia as to whether he will be able to come home or have to spend the night at the vet's. I'm hoping he's home!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear




HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, this may seriously change my opinion about Halloween! We've got a great start going with http://luckothelabrador.blogspot.com/2008/10/big-dog-discrimination.html and Bad Mutha Fudruckers !!! These ladies have set the bar high, Gang, and left Bear and I, both, with a smile on our faces as we face our hour of .... well... ya know.
After taking a first glimpse here, I'm thinking that I'm going to have to call on you, phaird, for some impartial judging assistance. These ladies are good and its going to prove difficult to pick just one!
Enter early and as often as you like! This is definitely proving to be fun!!!
Happy wandering!
The Writer...and her dog, Bear

6 comments:

~Marie~ said...

I have Peanut's pics up and I would like to enter him! :-) Just head on over to my blog and you will see them.

Therra Cathryn said...

Hugs to sleepy Bear. Keep us "posted"! And Happy Halloween. You know why ghosts go into bars? For the BOOS.

Okay, okay, I'll leave now...!

Toe said...

I'd like to enter both pics on my site but I don't know if I even touch the competition now I have to try to get them in really spooky poses.

Hope Bear does well, always sad to have to leave them overnight - wishing good luck to Bear.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Hope Bear's surgery goes well and he gets to come home tonight!!! Good luck!! Happy Halloween!!!

saratogajean said...

Glad to hear Bear pulled through. I always get a little weepy when I have to leave the dogs at the vet, even though I know they are in good hands.