Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 7 part 2

Today did not include a bout on the "torture machine of doom," however, it did include something better. Our neighbors, who live about 1/2 of a mile down the mountain and they had a party today for their 25th wedding anniversary. We live in the country on the side of a mountain, so things are pretty spread out up here. Anyway, rather than hopping in the car and driving down, which all of our other neighbors did, my husband and I decided to walk and it was really nice.

During our walk, we discussed a lot of things about this project and the dog I am looking for. He seems to feel that a puppy would be best for me as I could then train it up to be the dog I want it to be. It would also grow in it's ability to wander as I do and there is a great benefit to that. We are still going down to the town pound tomorrow, however, as we are not in the immediate position to adopt tomorrow and the Animal Control Officer will not be there, we won't be bringing home a dog just yet. I do, however, think that I will be taking my daughter's dog for a walk tomorrow morning because I really enjoyed getting out and walking today. One of my neighbors also mentioned that the berries are ready for picking on the top of the mountain, so I'm thinking that maybe we will take a wander up there at some point this week.

I need a big dog for wanders up the mountain because we have bear here and bear like berries, a lot! My daughter's dog will do for that for this year, I think.

Happy wanderings!

The Writer...and her dog...who is still trying to materialize.

1 comment:

cosmiccowgirl said...

I think going to the pound seems like a good place to start. Great choice for getting a dog for wanderings.
I have always loved wandering and I do really love dogs. I like to share beautiful places with my dogs because they are the ones who enjoy it to the same extent as I and they don't bug me as much as people, generally speaking.
I discovered geocaching two years ago and it provided this motivation to explore places, sometimes with dogs and sometimes without, and sometimes with people. You go out and have this experience and share it online, and the people online become this community. It is great. Our area has a club and we get together all the time and sometimes plan things together. Everyone is so different, yet they all have a sense of adventure.
I know you do, too. That is what I like about your blog.